Monday, May 08, 2006

Perfect Timing

There have been moments that I wished I could stay in Emory just a little bit longer, so that I could talk her for one more day in the stacks of the library or so that I could run around the relatively small campus and not care about any responsibility because heck, I am a college student. Then there are moments when the very stench of fresh air on this campus mixed with the redudant tunes played by the Cox Hall Clock Tower make me order two Air Tran tickets, just in case. I am feeling both and neither.

I'm at the stage of my college life where there are people that I will miss and have already begun to miss, but I swear. If I spend a week longer with him or her, I do not think I will be able to hold onto my sanity. I've had the right amount of conversations regarding race with white people, so I think I'm ready to go back to Asians in New York and recognize a silent understanding none of us need to explain and get all riled up about. I've had the right amount of conversations regarding dating and the lack thereof in our hookup culture, so i think I'm ready to hide in my single room in the corner of my house, where the only girls in my life are my mother, my sister, and Oprah. I've had the right amount of conversations regarding the same stories and jokes that my friends tell me and I tell them. I'm ready to hear new jokes and new experiences, or at least old ones that I haven't heard in four months.

Life during the college years is a lot like binge drinking, but since I don't do much on that, I probably shouldnt make too much analogies to it, as if I am badass enough to do so when my idea of consuming alcohol is drinking half a glass of Smirnoff Ice while watching The OC. So let me restate this.

Life during the college years is a lot like listening to Q100 (Atlantans) or Z100 (NY). There is a playlist that contains about 20 songs, and god, those top songs are good. Not good in the greatest songs of all time, but I will sing along, I will dance along, and I will forever be compelled to respect the catchiness of its tune. But past a certain time, it just gets plain annoying. In college, everything is to an extreme. I am rather pulling allnighters or doing absolutely...nothing. I am rather eating my heart out with 3 pizza pies and 2 tubs of ice cream per day, or looking up some random vegeterian's diet. So in the face of the extremes that dormitory life offers me, I am about two weeks away from going crazy.

Take me home, country road, to the place I belong.

And then in three months, bring me back, because 21 years of home gets rather annoying as well.

1 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home