Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bitter Confidence

I was waiting for my lunch today when I saw her. There's overweight. And there's obese. And then there's Damn! So after I uttered the "first curse word" ever, I noticed she was reading one of those shirts that you laugh at on www.bustedtees.com, but no one ever buys.

"LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO DATE UGLY MEN."

She then stared at me and sneered like a beast. If it wasn't for my cheap instincts of getting the food I paid for, I would have been frightened enough to take a flight out of NY (to Orlando for Andrew WK one-time only concert). But I stayed there and sneered back.

But in between frightening glares from one to the other, I thought to myself: Gee, I wish I had her confidence. I know that there can be many attractive larger-than-life women out there, but trust me...she was not one of them. Nevertheless, she has to come to the point that she believed she could hit in the big leagues when she could barely bunt.

But then I thought again...There's confidence and then there's a way to make yourself feel better. Because even though both men and women are attracted to confident people, there is a thin line between confident and bitter. The former? You can get the job done at an extroadinary level while most others are simply ordinary. The latter? Everyone else sucks and by default, you win.

While the former will lead to endless possibilities, the latter only reaches the pit of your bed, eating bonbons, watching Dr. Phil, and wearing bad t-shirts.

So good luck to bitter lady, a microcosm of too many bitter ladies I've met in the past week. I used to sympathize with most of your emotions mainly because I've grown up with these ideas. Men rape. Men kill. Etc. But for the first time, I'm starting to realize that women are just as screwed up in the head as men are. In some cases, a little bit more. The subtlety in how they do it makes more disturbing in fact.

I'm not bitter. I'm just looking for equality of treatment. But I'm not bitter. If I was, I would be ordering a shirt that says something like "THE BEST PLACE TO BUMP INTO YOUR EX-GIRLFRIEND" with a picture of a tombstone.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home