Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bay Best Friend Blogging

I have never been a fan of posts that merely recount the events of their day, as if the blogosphere is the gay best friend their father never gave them. I read blogspot and xanga to escape that role, not to relive it.

Nonetheless, I offer a few highlights, for those who care, of last night -- a night that really should not have been as fun as it wound up being.

--Football Tossing = knida fun. Playing basketball = kinda fun. Eating burgers = kinda fun. Playing basketball with the football while eating burgers at the same time = Now we're talking.

--I don't care how many times I have changed to a more confident, mature, intelligent, young man. Your friends who have known you since you were six will never let you forget that time you crapped your pants or the girl you idiotically gave too much of your time, money, and energy into.

--How does one have Mediterranean and Reading Railroad, then wind up with Hotels on the Mediterranean, Baltic, Oriental, Vermont, and Connecticut, as well as both utilities?

--Why do 7 grown college students choose to play monopoly above everything else, and are perfectly fine with it? I mean...we're not even a Christian youth group.

--One of my dreams in life is to break down every Asian stereotype, but no matter how hard I try, Asians will always and forever be loiterers. It's in our blood.

--Five single guys in one car. Two cute girls walk by the car.
BT: Dah, too bad we have no seats left in the car.
Yih yells out: YEAH, TOO BAD FOR YOU GIRLS!

--With most barss too far away and clubs near closing time, we go to the only place open the night before a holiday. SEVEN ELEVEN! (P.S. How I wish thee were there with me in ATL). With Big Gulps in one hand and Doritos in the other, we see lottery tickets. Lights go off in our minds, and we know what we must do. Each spend 20 dollars in lottery tickets and split the earnings. Or losses. But we are optimistic. We return to BT's house and begin the scratchoff ritual. The likely wins and more likely losses occur. But then in one of my winning cards, it turns out I matched the "5" and the "7" as the winning numbers. We finish scratching, before we reveal the prizes. For the 7, we won 5 dollars. Okay, good good.

For the 5? Oh...my...God...25 dollars! No wait, I didn't finish scratching! Two hundred fifty freaking dollars!!! 2-5-0!!! 250!!! The five of us jump around like German school girls watching Hasselhoff (Am I obsessed with him? Yes! But really, can you blame me). I hit my head and lie back in the sofa realizing we just made a profit of nearly 37 dollars from the night. GO begins to scratch off all the tickets to make sure we didn't win any more.

Two minutes later, he yells, Freaking Yih!!! It turned out that I didn't scratch all the way, and the number was in fact a 15, and not a 5. Ouch. The pain of losing the 250 dollars we never won left us laughing harder than before -- laughing harder at our/especially my own stupidity. We went from a gain fo 37 dollars each to a loss of 13 each.

But at the end of the day, it was worth it...well at least, it was worth a post on my blog. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home