Thursday, June 29, 2006

Baseball vs. Girlfriends

AJ and I were watching my slumping Mets getting pounced by his redhot Red Sox. And we wondered what it would be like to meet in the World Series.

(00:44:48) AJ: we will both be wrecks
(00:45:01) Me: yeah, i'm taking two weeks off from internship, work, ecf, church, school, and showers

But then he makes a good point.

(00:46:35) AJ: haha i hope for their sakes...we don't have g/f's then

And thus I make the following "Would you rather" question:

Would you rather have five straight years where your team wins the World Series every year without a girlfriend? Or would you rather have five straight years with a great girlfriend, but your team finishes in a disgusting last place each year?

We both laughed and were about to quickly answer one way, but then we could easily have went the other way. To this point, we are both speechless, and wondered how sad it was that we were actually considering it.

But then I think to myself: I wonder how many other guys (if you're not a baseball fan, you do not count as a guy right now) would struggle with this question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home