Tuesday, March 21, 2006

XM radio recap

One of the many delicious things about Air Tran Airlines is that they have added in XM radio, but because I am a man that loves familiarity, I only listen to stations 20 to 23, which play all the billboard hits.

So I turn on to 20, and it has this monotone, raspy voice that I despise. I think to myself it is rather Staind, Nickelback, Creed, or The Calling. Sure enough, it is Nickelback. So I turn to 21. Same voice again. You have got to be kidding me. Staind. So I turn to 22. No freaking way. Creed makes its way into my life. I pray to god that 23 isn't The Calling or Puddle of Mudd or anything of that sort, vowing to listen to anything, as long as they weren't in the genre of "imitator rock crap." So I turn to 23.

It isn't, but what I begin to hear are the screeches of a Canadian woman. So there I am on the plane, right of two black women who cannot stop talking about Pitbull and left of a crying baby, staring straight at the pretzels and half-empty cup of apple juice, and listening to All By Myself by Celine Dion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home