Sunday, March 05, 2006

Right Side of the Bed

In follow up to the last post, the reason why I'm probably sick of this place is that I'm constantly consumed by by the same responsibilities, reputation, and expectations. The worse is when someone calls me up to remind me to get to a meeting or a question about school work, or something of that matter. But today was different. I got the call from her. The love of my life. When she called, something inside my stomach made some kind of Olympic flip and the muscles that made my smile could not move. I giggled just because I considered myself the luckiest man to hear her voice and maybe these phones are different, but I couuld smell her fragrance through the phone lines. Even when she cut it short and said she had to go, I was not mad neither was I eager to hang up. But I simply felt...lucky to have talked to her.

And so I hung up the phone rolled off the bed, stared at the calendar and said, "See ya in a week, mama."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home