Sunday, October 30, 2005

Moments

Adam and I were in our boxers and white t-shirts, playing Mario Baseball as our form of breakfast. Screaming in between Yoshi's tongue catches and Donkey Kong's homeruns, we hear a knock on the door. I scurry back to my room and search for any pair of shorts that may look presentable. By the time I come back, there are two women in our living room, saying that they must check our room. After 4 minutes of the most awkward silence of my life, we see the note that they left us: PLEASE CLEAN TOILET. Adam then proceeds to clean the toilet, but I have 10 minutes to shower and get ready before I must leave for Java Monkey. Therefore, in desperate times, it calls for desperate situations and I had to strip for Adam as I go into the shower as he is still present in the bathroom. I forget that my roomates are who they are. Within a few minutes, two buckets of ice cold water gets dumped on top of my head. No anger. Just a feeling of, "sweeet, i have friends."

I like the books that I read on my leisure time. I like the accompanying coffee that goes with it. I like the company that is there as well. I was reading a book called God's Blog. If God had a blog, how would it look like? "I made man, and then as I looked at him, I laughed. And he was very confused and didn't know what to do, mainly because he had never done anything before." I am an instant fan.

As I got back to my apartment, THE NOTEBOOK came a calling, and I wound up watching the movie with my entire apartment of men. Wrapped in my comforter with my neck on a pillow and my face buried in another, I watched intently in the romance that is THE NOTEBOOK. I am sick of these romantic comedies that seep into my lives and make me want that cute blonde from high school that always thought I was the Asian Screech of the school. The funny thing was that if you just listened to how we reacted everything, it was more like we were watching the Jerry Springer show than anything else. From shouts of "Slut!!!" to "Ohhhh shnap!!!" we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. There was also that weird five minutes of silence after the movie where we just watched the captions. And yes, I admit I thought about you for a little bit after that. I definitely felt like a girl for a few hours.

That was before every type of meat was brought out on swords. At 9pm, 8 men ate about 18 cows, 25 pigs, and 45 chickens. They did bone us with 2.55 per coke refill though, and they didn't even tell us that. Nonetheless, it was just an overall great time. Came back and had another video game party in the apartment. Life is good.

Now I have 6 hours before work tomorrow on a sunday! Crap, this sucks. And I have so much work to do! That really sucks. And I just read your writing, and frankly, I have no idea what you're talking about. And that troubles me. And yeah, I'm doing everything I possibly can do to work against every feeling. And it's working better than it ever has, but it's there. Maybe in a year or two or three or seven, it will be gone. But for now, all I can say is crap, and confuse about 99% of my readers right now.

All I have this moment. And in each moment is a choice. And now I choose...sleep.

2 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home