Wednesday, September 21, 2005

YOU and me

I'm looking for my son, my daughter,
someone to love like no other, someone to call my
captivating, my darling, my beautiful, my self.
I'm looking for myself through the weeds that leave
my home-born dandelions worn, torn up against the thorns,
just looking for a place to
breathe in
and breathe out
the oxygen that is me, the oxygen that is my life,
and the only response left for you is to
hyperventilate because you cannot get enough of me,
you cannot even demonstrate or calculate your need for me
but in gasps of air, struggling to live without me,
but hold up, slow down, wait up, calm down,
as I allow this cadence in our love fest between lover and beloved
past the good times and the bad times ahead,
I ask of you, How much of me will you devour?
How much of me will you allow to carry you this hour?

Bring me your flowers in the form of kisses,
so that I may be wrapped up in your lips
as you envelop my soul with your tongue of truth, dripping, diving,
seeping, soaking my wounds from my father
and my mother and my church
as your saliva searches through the nooks and crannies of my inner being,
past the "What's your name?" and
"Where are you from?" and
"What's your major?"
when my heart is screaming out for some major help
in the form of a hug, in the form of something,
anything to show me that you care.
I am laid bare, wrapped in the fetal position of despair.
Will you be more than hollow promises of affection
simply reflecting the choruses of Jessica and Ashlee Simpson?
Will you kick me to the curb and leave me by the wayside?
or will I somehow find that you and I collide?
So I reply by asking you, How long have you been chasing me breathtakingly?
How exactly wonderful do you wish this hour alone with me will be?

The wonder of life with me is
life, electrical shocks run through your veins and arteries
unlocking the imagery of a spiritual process of photosynthesis
because like I said, I am your oxygen,
you can't even begin to rap coz I've got you so wrapped up in me in you in me in you.
You start spitting rhymes like "Ch-ch m-m-m-mike 1 2?
Can you feel my caress to compress my infinite love for you
in these similies and these metaphors you can understand?
Digest them in, express them back, profess them up
to the heavens as they are interwomen with Beethoven-like symphonies,
and I will stretch my hand out back towards you from eternity,
and in the process, waking up the protozoa of hope and faith,
exploding into a supernova of love and grace.
And you still wonder how this hour alone with me will be?
Birds soar into my majesty and fish dive into my regal blue seas,
grass dances to my violins of the wind
and crickets jam to the voices that I've placed within.
And it is the jealousy within me that not only
wants to make this hour fabulously marvelous,
but I will travail to set you free and prevail in uniting
you with the Christ, uniting you with me.
And here is all of me for all of you,
but only you can delay, only you can obstruct, only you can hinder.
How fully can you not be afraid and surrender?

Fill my mind with your mind to the last crevice
so that it may create a new genesis
and develop an antithesis to me and my story.
Catch me into your arms so that I may let go and float
into your sea of sweet canteloupe
that my taste buds begin to rejoice in the hope that is
succulent in my times of turbulence,
and it is in these times that I find none that is
equivalent to you, my nerves
are exploding in cataclysmic proportions.
I will not allow my life to be another spiritual abortion,
so I cling to your power to make this hour
terribly glorious because
I'm sick of being notorious for being a man all about me
so make me victorious over the man that is me.
Allow me to attempt to hold you
to the point where I'm tempted to no longer hold you,
so I fall into you and I am at rest
when I am you and you are me.
Swathe me into your heart, restart my
mind in a level unknown that is beyond infininty,
that is you, that makes E=MC squared like two plus two compared to you.
Allow me and you to begin our dramatic comedic romantic adventure-like fusion
as your heart begins the percussion of the drumbeats of my heart beats
and it continues to beat
and it continues to beat
and it continues to beat
and it continues to beat
to the revelations of your ongoing passions
that is you
that is me
this is me in you
this is you in me
and THAT IS WHY I SING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home