Friday, September 22, 2006

Grey's and Shuttles

In an upset, ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" season opener out-rates CBS' "CSI" with 17.1/25 share rating over 14.9 rating/22 share. Where the young pre-teens that made Titanic a box office hit go? They are all now in college without the money to go to movies, so they spend their time in dorm rooms watching Patrick Dempsey be the man of their Meredith Grey dreams.

As you read by my last post, I have joined the female gender with my recent obsession with it as well. Currently on my desk is Season 2 of Grey's Anatomy, which I sadly cannot watch till I come back from the ECF retreat this weekend. But today I was coming home from work on the shuttle and then two girls began talking about Grey's Anatomy. I just pray to God that they don't tell me what happened in yesterday's opener, ruining my enjoyment of the entire 2nd season.

They don't because one of the girls don't watch Grey's. But the other genius decides to catch her up. That's right -- a synopsis of every episode from Season One till now. I was standing on the shuttle with both arms raised to the bar (crazy shuttle driver), but my ears were getting a beatdown. So for literally the next 10 minutes of the ride, I used my forearms to block the sound coming in my ear. I looked like a man with arms tied behind his back trying to stop bees from entering his ear.

Everyone thought I was insane. People began to step away from me on the shuttle. And I don't care. Because right now, I can still enjoy the Anatomy of Grey.

P.S. I wrote how I have a Nazi woman at my internship too. I asked CM, a fellow intern, if she saw a parallel. And she said, "No way! The Nazi has a heart."

Coming up: ECF Retreat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home