Friday, September 22, 2006

Grey's and Ice Cream

I've been watching a lot of Grey's Anatomy the past 24 hours because it will help with 90% of my conversation with women. At least that is what I tell people. But the honest truth is that I do it to live vicariously through make-believe characters.

I neither know when I will begin to live a life nor am I sure I really want to. Relationships, people, friends still mean nothing to me. Maybe nothing is a big statement to make, so I will simply say that relationships, people, and friends are not everything like I had hoped before.

I take a nap at 5:45 am last night in the hopes of waking up at 6 to finish up a homework assignment. I woke up at 11:45 instead, missing the one class I could not miss and a meeting with GG. The only classes I had left were the 1 o'clock that I did not finish my homework for and a golf class that got cancelled. So I did what everyone dreams of doing, but has to conscience to stop themselves.

I played hookie. I played hookie like a 16-year old girl who got dumped by her cheating boyfriend. While in my pajamas, I watched Grey's Anatomy while tossing a turkey sandwich and Lay's Potato Chips onto a plate that I placed on top of my keyboard. When those 500 calories reached the bottom of my stomach, I realized that I needed more. So I hate a pint of Haggan Daz Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. I was thinking about splitting it into 4-8 servings as the container suggested, but F-That. I ate it all...in 15 minutes. That put me on the over 2000 calorie list...before 1 PM. (By the way, I had more ice cream 10 hours later).

After that, the day pretty much went downhill. Another ECF event -- with more food and ice cream. I met some freshmen I pretended to get to know and acted like a happy man like I always do. Blah blah blah...blah blah blah...WA and I went cruising in his jeep listening to Radiohead and Weezer while talking about our pathetic almost-nihilistic outlook on life. He talked a lot of girls and I talked a lot about God or maybe the lack thereof.

My life returns here to my computer with 5 hours before I go back to my internship -- this internship that I get closer to quitting each day that passes. I wonder if I could play hookie again and watch some more Grey's Anatomy. But instead, I have my own Nazi woman at the newsroom...the whole time, I am wondering -- when are the Americans coming?

What's going on next in my life: ECF Retreat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home