Monday, June 18, 2007

Chapters

Another supposed post-it has marked an end and a new beginning for my world. Say goodbye to frat parties and frisbee on the Quad, life says. But I've never said hello. Rid yourself of facebook and immaturity, life decrees. But even it knows that we have so much time, what can we do but waste it? That is, until we relentlessly hold on to its last thread.

Thank goodness for the meaningful pictures of meaningless caps, hoods, and gowns a month ago because they all seem to be a blur, some nightmare of how the past finally became stamped as the past.

And now the future is for the taking, taking us on the ride of a lifetime that knows no bounds or ends or any other trite phrases commencement speakers google the day of their speech.

The reality for me is that these life chapters are superficial markers that makes us all pause. And reminisce on how not much has changed. My family is still loyal, overbearing, and hilarious. My interests and work have always been about the truth. My friends, though the faces have changed, have all remained laid-back, honest, and retain character that I envy.

So as I turned the page and head into the next chapter, what should I celebrate? A job? A new apartment? A car? They're almost as meaningless as the black robe collecting dust in my closet.

But to friends, family, and life. I'll drink to that. I did not even google that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home