Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ann Coulter is a Bitch

Yes, I also believe that bitch is a curse. I say curses only in two cases. One - I have been saying curses a lot recently and it has become second nature. Two - I say it when I mean it.

I have not been saying curses recently.

For those who do not know, Ann Coulter is a conservative author who recently published Godless: The Church of Liberalism. She has a pretty strong following in the conservative base. Call her a prettier, younger, savvier, non-TV O'Reilly. I will say that I am an avid reader of Ann Coulter's columns, more so than ESPN's Bill Simmons. I enjoy her writing, laugh frequently, and though I don't always agree with her, there has been times where I do.

But with the release of her book last night, she describeda group of September 11 widows who backed the Democratic Party as millionaire "witches" reveling in their status as celebrities.

"I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much," Coulter writes.

As a New Yorker, seeing the attacks myself 3-4 blocks away that Tuesday morning, I am shocked by the comments of Coulter.

In a joint statement, the widows responded by saying, "There was no happiness in telling our children that their fathers were never coming home again. We adored these men and miss them every day."

Rightfully so, NY Senator Hillary Clinton responds by calling Coulter "vicious" and "mean-spirited."

"Perhaps her book should have been called 'Heartless,'" the senator added. "I know a lot of the widows and family members who lost loved ones on 9/11. They never wanted to be a member of a group that is defined by the tragedy of what happened."

The catfight continues when Ann Coulter responds, "Before criticizing others for being 'mean' to women, perhaps Hillary should talk to her husband who was accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick and was groping Kathleen willey at the very moment Willey's Husband was comitting suicide."

Well done, ladies. Bring out the mud and jello while you are at it.

At the end of the day, I will stand by my comment that Ann Coulter is and forever will be a BITCH in my book. And I mean that word in two ways.

First, she is a bitch in the common sense of the word. Who would dare call the widows of those who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks as people who liked to see their own husbands die. I do not know what kind of sick imagination Coulter finds herself living in, but she should not impose that same imagination to other people's reality. Once again, this is another example of a self-obsessed political pundit who cannot sympathize with others and simply because they attack something that she believes in does not give her a right to say that those attacks come out of naivety and selfishness rather than research and a fight for justice. Standing in clear sight of those towers and the live images forever ingrained in my mind, I cannot imagine anyone making those statements.

Secondly, she is a bitch in a funny, respectful sort of way. If any of you have seen Thank You For Smoking (which was a great movie, by the way), you will clearly understand the parallel that I am about the draw. Aaron Eckhart plays the protagonist as a chief smokesman for a big tobacco company. He becomes the lovable and sick genius that makes money off of others health deterioration, and if you do actually hate him at the end of the movie, you can atleast applaud softly, grin, and shake your head in respect. At one point, Eckhart says, "It doesn't matter if I proved myself right or not. As long as I prove you wrong, then I'm right." In any case, I see Coulter most like him because she is in every way utterly perverted and insensitive, but a complete comical genius, fully loaded with biting humor.

Does it really surprise you or even her, by the 1/10000000 chance that she's reading this post, by me calling her a "bitch"? She purposely released her book on the date 6.6.6 for a reason. She named it Godless for a reason. If there was ever an Anti-Christ, I would not be surprised if she was a blonde-haired, blue-eyed writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home